Re: HTTP/1.1 Protocol: Help Needed

2005-05-09 21:57:14
And you understand that authentication and session tracking are two
different things?

  Definitely I do. But it's also true that both of them are closely
related. A session without a user may be termed as anonymous session
while one with authentication performed may be a named-session.

  They are dfiferent, but closely related.

  Anyway... I may sound Mr Beans but I have some situations (a
combination of these) as given below:

1. Cookies banned. Even if you enable cookies on your machine, the
proxy does not allow the "Cookie" / "Set-Cookie" header to be passed
on.

2. I am viewing a simple html page. I agree, I can have home hidden
fields to look for the sticky session-ID in form parameter. Granted a
relieve.

3. I am viewing a secret page, say, Secret.PDF => I cannot have a
hidden field in my PDF. Or I have secret movie -
CIA-Secret-Mission.mpg
   How do I track the session in this case - without a cookie!

  Is there any option current available?

--
Cheers,
Gaurav Vaish