RE: text suggested by ADs

2005-05-09 08:02:45
"Spencer" == Spencer Dawkins <spencer(_at_)mcsr-labs(_dot_)org> writes:

   Spencer> - the mailing lists are often not set up to allow
   Spencer> posting by non-members

That's a violation of policy.  Please see the IESG statement on spam
policy; someone needs to be approving non-member postings for IETF
working group lists.

"allow posting without manual intervention" - the mailing lists I've
administered for IETF had two settings, "allow posting by
non-members" and "hold postings by non-members for approval".

What I was trying to say was, this is probably sufficient for first
feedback, but probably not sufficient for actually discussing a
DISCUSS comment.

True, but as the mailing list administrator you can choose to add
senders to the "accepts-filter" when their first posting is approved,
that should solve the problem, right?

/L-E