Re: text suggested by ADs

2005-05-10 05:21:19
On Sun, 8 May 2005, Margaret Wasserman wrote:
(1) When an AD has an open discuss that he or she does not clear during the telechat, he or she could send a copy of that discuss to the WG mailing list directly. This is quite direct, but might be a bit tricky in practice due to spam filters, etc. because the AD may not be a member of the mailing list in question. It is also more likely to suffer from human error or omission, because the tracker is set-up to show us the documents for which we are responsible AD, not those for which we currently hold discusses.

- or -

(2) After the document appears on a telechat, the responsible AD could send any remaining IESG discusses and comments to the WG mailing list (probably in a single message), cc:ing the ADs who entered those discusses or comments. I sometimes do this already, and it typically seems to work well.
[....]

Both of these are problematic, because they add more work to people on the IESG.

I'd support the document shepherd (NOT either shepherding AD or the AD writing the discuss) being responsible for initiating the dialogue. If the comments by different ADs don't overlap, each AD's comments should be discussed separately.