Re: New root cause problems?

2005-05-11 04:32:57
On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 06:35, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:

When I went looking at the queue a month or so ago it required work to
distinguish between a REF to a document already in the queue vs. a REF
to a document not yet in the editor queue.

.. and, having just done this a second time, I wrote some quick and
dirty code:

http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resources/sommerfeld/queue-to-dot

using awk, sed, and the "graphviz" toolkit's "dot" program.

feed it a slightly cleaned up copy of the text inside:
        http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue.html

and it produces:

http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resources/sommerfeld/rfc-editor-queue-20050511.png

(This is a 18559-pixel wide .png; mozilla by default scales it to the
window width which produces something resembling random dot noise but if
you click on the noise to zoom in you get a horizontally scrollable
image

I am a neophyte user of graphviz so I'm sure I could give it some hints
to produce a better layout and include more useful info but I figured
this would be of interest sooner rather than later..)

                                                - Bill