Re: Last Call: 'Email Submission Between Independent Networks' to BCP

2005-06-14 12:03:14
 Frankly, it's hard to see this as other than an attempt at an "end run"
 around the SMTP developer community.

Let's see:  it gets announced multiple times on an smtp developer
community mailing list.

"announced" is quite a stretch.

That community chooses not to pursue the  matter.

Perhaps because it was not invited to do so, or perhaps because (to
those who were aware of the document) it seemed premature to do so.
It's not as if every I-D is worth reviewing, particularly in the early
stages.  A lot of I-Ds are abandoned by their authors without any
attempt to publish them as RFCs.

Your criteria for "end run" appear to be rather liberal, if not silly.

You wouldn't be trying to delay things, so as to somehow force
discussion of your now-competing document, would you?

I certainly want to encourage adequate review of whatever gets published
as an RFC.  As for "competing document", well at this stage it's not even an
I-D.  I consider it a contribution to the discussion.

Keith