E-mail address limitations

2005-06-21 06:58:52
Hi,

Can you tell me, or point me to a resource, what the official specs are for an e-mail address? I would like to know what the official limitations are if it comes to allowed characters and maximum address lenght. I'm sorry to ask this while there probably are RFC's for this but the whole RFC stuff is a bit of a maze to me. They all point to different RFC's again and I wasn't able to find one RFC with the complete official (easy to understand) specs.

I hope you can help me out.

Cheers,

Age Bosma