Re: Last Call: 'Email Submission Between Independent Networks' toBCP - Clarification

2005-06-21 07:08:15
And people who are not able to cope with SPAM *always* have the option of
using snail mail.

I don't think limiting my freedom and restricting open global communication
is a proportionate or appropriate solution for "too many advertisements in
my mailbox".  deal_with_it

Best regards,

Nick Staff
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Sommerfeld" <sommerfeld(_at_)sun(_dot_)com>
To: "Nicholas Staff" <nick(_dot_)staff(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net>
Cc: "Tony Finch" <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>; <iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>;
<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 5:34 AM
Subject: Re: Last Call: 'Email Submission Between Independent Networks'
toBCP - Clarification

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 00:28, Nicholas Staff blames the victims:
whats funny to me is if anything would have given spammers a reason to
exploit open relays it would have been the blacklists.  I mean when
you
arbitrarily blacklist millions of their ISP's addresses you leave them
with
no other option.

"if anything would give burglars a reason to break windows, it would
have been locked doors.  i mean, when you put locks on millions of
doors, you leave them with no other option."

people who send spam *always* have the option of changing their line of
work.

- Bill