Re: Last Call: 'Email Submission Between Independent Networks' to BCP - Clarification

2005-06-21 05:35:39
On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 00:28, Nicholas Staff blames the victims:
whats funny to me is if anything would have given spammers a reason to
exploit open relays it would have been the blacklists.  I mean when
you
arbitrarily blacklist millions of their ISP's addresses you leave them with
no other option.

"if anything would give burglars a reason to break windows, it would
have been locked doors.  i mean, when you put locks on millions of
doors, you leave them with no other option."

people who send spam *always* have the option of changing their line of
work.

                                                - Bill