Simplistic metrics Re: WG management

2005-06-21 08:38:09

--On 20. juni 2005 07:39 -0500 Spencer Dawkins <spencer(_at_)mcsr-labs(_dot_)org> wrote:

Two related problems here, as you pointed out in another posting - when
the WG is only active for six weeks per year, and when the WG chair is
only active for nine weeks per year. I don't see how we can focus on this
with our current milestone tracking ("no, really, we'll finish that draft
by the NEXT meeting, this time for sure"), so your comments in the
"front-end delays" thread apply here as well.

Let me offer a simplistic metric.....

if a WG chair has posted nothing to the WG mailing list for a week, and that WG chair has not told the WG he's on holiday, that WG chair is probably not doing his/her job.

If NOBODY's posted to the WG mailing list for a week, it's time to close the WG.

                Harald