Re: WG management

2005-06-16 09:16:47
One possible tool to consider is a "slip chart" which plots the estimated date of delivery against the date the estimate is made. If successive estimates of when a milestone is going to be reached are all the same, then the project is on track. If successive estimates keep sliding into the future, this shows up vividly.

I have to admit that whenever I've tried to impose this discipline on groups I've managed, what happens in practice is the people being measured try to change the game and argue the new estimates apply to completely different milestones than the original ones...

Steve

Steve Crocker
steve(_at_)shinkuro(_dot_)com