Re: IANA Action: Assignment of an IPV6 Hop-by-hop Option

2005-06-29 12:41:07
John, as I understand it, the IESG believed it was turning down this
specific request.  The IESG believes this option will never be
assigned through the IESG review process.  I don't think the IESG did
turn down the option of IETF consensus nor the option of standards
action.  I do not believe the IESG has the authority to decline those
avenues of option assignment for this proposal.  The IESG does have
the authority to review specific internet drafts brought to it as part
of publication.  But the IESG cannot, should not, and as far as I know
did not prevent Dr. Roberts from submitting an internet draft and
requesting publication of that draft.

(I'm not actually sure how you would go about doing the IETF consensus
review process without a draft being involved. )