Re: IANA Action: Assignment of an IPV6 Hop-by-hop Option

2005-06-28 16:57:28
To whatever small degree it matters, I agree with Brian on this.

There have been many clear statements indicating that the writer believes that the policy in force for the allocation of these code points is wrong. The policy may be right, and it may be wrong. But that is not the point. But the policy as written in the RFC requires that the IESG review the proposal. Such a review clearly implies technical review, not just a check for document completeness. The IESG did what the RFC tells them to do.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern