Re: IANA Considerations

2005-07-05 18:28:51
Can anyone suggest where I could find the requirement for IANA
Considerations?

There is no requirement that such sections appear in published RFCs. This
debate has never been about what's required in RFCs, but rather what's required
in drafts submitted to the IESG.

I found it on the website, but it's not listed in any RFC (just in an
expired ID, one that even mentions that empty IANA Considerations
sections may be dropped by the RFC Editor upon RFC publication).

The requirement on the website is what we've been discussing.

                                Ned