Re: IANA Considerations

2005-07-06 08:47:07

Brian E Carpenter wrote:
Ned Freed wrote:

Can anyone suggest where I could find the requirement for IANA
Considerations?

There is no requirement that such sections appear in published RFCs. This
debate has never been about what's required in RFCs, but rather what's
required
in drafts submitted to the IESG.

RFC 2434 doesn't discuss null IANA sections at all. RFC2434bis does discuss
them, and we will need to form consensus about whether the RFC Editor is
required to retain them, as we discuss RFC2434bis. Which we need to do
fairly
soon.

   Brian

It seems like such considerations are, by definition, relevant only for
standards-track RFCs. It is not useful to require it for other documents.

Joe