Re: IANA Considerations

2005-07-06 09:50:59
At 5:15 PM +0200 7/6/05, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
RFC 2434 doesn't discuss null IANA sections at all. RFC2434bis does discuss
them, and we will need to form consensus about whether the RFC Editor is
required to retain them, as we discuss RFC2434bis.

I don't see any discussion of the RFC Editor retaining null IANA sections in RFC2434bis, which is good. It is a completely silly idea. An RFC should contain useful, long-lasting information. The fact that a particular document didn't require IANA action is not useful unless it is surprising, and if it is surprising, the section should not be null.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium