When to DISCUSS?

2005-07-08 02:22:52
As most RFC authors know, when an IESG member identifies a problem in
a draft under IESG review, he or she casts a DISCUSS ballot, with
accompanying text, and the DISCUSS has to be cleared before the
document can advance.

draft-iesg-discuss-criteria-00.txt talks about this. Even within the
IESG, we still have one or two points to resolve, but we wanted to get
this out before the cutoff date. This isn't in any way intended to change
any of the principles of the standards process, but we'd welcome
community comment.

   Brian

Internet-Drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org wrote:
This draft is a work item of the Internet Engineering Steering Group Working
Group of the IETF.

        Title           : DISCUSS Criteria in IESG Review
        Author(s)       : J. Peterson, et al.
        Filename        : draft-iesg-discuss-criteria-00.txt
        Pages           : 10
        Date            : 2005-7-7

   This document describes the role of the 'DISCUSS' position in the
   IESG review process.  It gives some guidance on when a DISCUSS should
   and should not be issued.  It also discusses procedures for DISCUSS
   resolution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iesg-discuss-criteria-00.txt