Re: When to DISCUSS?

2005-07-10 17:57:32
Sam asks:
how about just waiting to see if we have a problem before designing
new process?

we have running code that there have been problems in the past
maybe this new process will help avoid some of them & maybe the IESG will
be more ready to push back on ADs that do not follow these much clearer
guidelines - I hope so

It seems likely that if there is internal conflict within the IESG,
the IESG will find a way to resolve that conflict.  If you don't feel
that you can leave these sorts of details to the IESG, then you
shouldn't be trusting the IESG at all.  That's a valid position, but
it is not resolved by creating enforcement mechanisms.

humm - I thought this was a document from the IESG not someone
from outside trying to impose process on the IESG so I'm not
sure if a resolurtion process shoudl be called an "enforcement
mechanism"

in any case I do hope that the IESG will think about what to do before its
confronted with a specific case even if its not willing to give the
public any hints

Scott