Re: When to DISCUSS?

2005-07-10 17:46:53
"Scott" == Scott Bradner <sob(_at_)harvard(_dot_)edu> writes:

    Scott> re draft-iesg-discuss-criteria-00.txt

    Scott> I think this is a very helpful document - if followed by
    Scott> the IESG it should reduce the number of what appears to be
    Scott> blocking actions by ADs

    Scott> but I did not see any enforcement mechanism - i.e. if an AD
    Scott> enters a DISCUSS over a section 3.2 reason how does the
    Scott> IESG tell that AD to back off?  It seems like the alternate
    Scott> voting process is not needed to have the IESG look at a
    Scott> DISCUSS comments and reach a consensus that it is not (or
    Scott> is) a legit DISCUSS area

how about just waiting to see if we have a problem before designing
new process?

It seems likely that if there is internal conflict within the IESG,
the IESG will find a way to resolve that conflict.  If you don't feel
that you can leave these sorts of details to the IESG, then you
shouldn't be trusting the IESG at all.  That's a valid position, but
it is not resolved by creating enforcement mechanisms.

--Sam