Re: When to DISCUSS?

2005-07-08 04:57:49

re draft-iesg-discuss-criteria-00.txt

I think this is a very helpful document - if followed by the IESG it
should reduce the number of what appears to be blocking actions
by ADs

but I did not see any enforcement mechanism - i.e. if an AD enters a
DISCUSS over a section 3.2 reason how does the IESG tell that AD
to back off?  It seems like the alternate voting process is
not needed to have the IESG look at a DISCUSS comments and reach
a consensus that it is not (or is) a legit DISCUSS area

maybe somthing like a 'review of comment' process that gets
kicked off by another AD or a WG chair after an AD files their
DISCUSS comment.  The process just involving a requirement for all
ADs to review the comment in question and discuss the issue on
the next IESG call ending in a vote - if there is not majority
support that the comment is a blocking type then the DISCUSS is
changed to a non-blocking comment

Scott