Re: Meeting Locations

2005-07-15 05:11:14

--On Friday, 15 July, 2005 11:59 +0200 Brian E Carpenter
<brc(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com> wrote:

Clint,

Firstly, please note that this is now part of the IETF
Administrative
Ditrector's responsibility. I've put him on copy.

Second, we all agree that locations should be chosen and
announced
as early possible.

Third, there is a very high probability that IETF65 will be at
US location and we have a host in view - but until that is
fully
settled I don't think we can say in public.  I'm sure Ray will
tell
us as soon as possible.

Brian and Ray,

Is it reasonable for us to hope that, as things settle down over
time, we can reasonably expect to get to the "meeting times and
locations known 18 months to two years out" status that has been
the target for some years?  Or, to put it differently, without
any unreasonable expectations about how quickly it is possible
to get back onto that basis, is it still the target and do you
consider that target plausible?

    john