Re: Meeting Locations

2005-07-15 07:34:57
There are a couple of helpful data points for many attendees. In my own case, knowing there are two North American meetings planned, or only one, in a given year tells me a lot about budgeting long before a specific location is announced.

Spencer

From: "Brian E Carpenter" <brc(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com>

Clint,

Firstly, please note that this is now part of the IETF Administrative
Ditrector's responsibility. I've put him on copy.

Second, we all agree that locations should be chosen and announced
as early possible.

Third, there is a very high probability that IETF65 will be at a
US location and we have a host in view - but until that is fully
settled I don't think we can say in public.  I'm sure Ray will tell
us as soon as possible.

    Brian

Clint Chaplin wrote:
How far in advance are the locations of IETF meetings determined? Is
there any way to find out what the possible candidates are?

I'm having to budget travel for the next year, and knowing where IETF 65 will be held would help me a lot.