Re: A proposed experiment in narrative minutes of IESG meetings

2005-07-20 14:23:08
Marshall Eubanks wrote:

Here is an alternate suggestion :

The IESG could have open meetings at selected IETF
meetings. Since the infrastructure is already there, these could be
webcast and recorded at no additional cost, except to everyone's already overburdened schedules (and a little for media and disk space). Since those meetings would
be open, the recordings would not need to be edited. And, those who really are
interested could
attend in person, and maybe even ask questions.

Marshall,

I'm not trying to make difficulties here, but the IESG regular meetings
are almost robotically driven by the agenda (for those who don't know,
it's posted in advance at http://www.ietf.org/IESG/agenda.html) and we all
sit at our computers wearing headsets, often updating our ballots or other
information in the I-D tracker as we speak. It's truly hard to see how such
a meeting can be held as an open meeting.

   Brian