Re: Recording discussion

2005-07-14 15:22:45
Perhaps requiring less effort and being just as useful would be having
volunteers dictate the written narrative minutes and make them
available as OGG or MP3?

On 7/14/05, Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu> wrote:
"Simon" == Simon Josefsson <jas(_at_)extundo(_dot_)com> writes:

    Simon> Brian E Carpenter <brc(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com> writes:
    >> We propose that, for an initial period of 6 months, a member of
    >> the community will be added to regular IESG meetings as a
    >> "recording secretary" who will write narrative minutes of the
    >> discussions, which will be posted publicly after IESG review
    >> for accuracy.

    Simon> Sounds useful to me.  How about actually recording the
    Simon> discussion too?  And publishing them as OGG or MP3.
    Simon> Editing out personnel discussion would still be possible.
    Simon> All for the sake of transparency and accountability.

    Simon> Regards, Simon
I think doing this on a regular basis would be too time consuming to
edit.  However I think it would actually be useful to the community,
to those considering serving on the IESG etc to record one telechat a
year or so and edit out the confidential bits.  I certainly know I had
no idea what to expect when I called into my first telechat.

--Sam