Re: Meeting Locations

2005-07-19 07:20:06

--On tirsdag, juli 19, 2005 07:09:16 -0700 Dave Crocker <dhc2(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:

As noted in the current thread, early site selection permits attendee
budgeting.  From the IETF side, it permits serious negotiating for site
terms and operational efficiencies when a previous site is re-used.
Minneapolis has been a useful demonstration of this latter point, I think.

Since nobody but Foretec has seen the Minneapolis contracts, we have no idea whether that's true or not.

I've had it argued at me that a hotel that believes it "owns" the event is actually harder to negotiate with than one that believes that there are alternatives.

                          Harald