RE: Cautionary tale: Paris pickpockets

2005-07-24 18:10:27
On my way into Paris on my last trip on the RER, a two person team got
fairly far into my IETF Novell bag before I noticed anything.  Somehow
they didn't take anything, but I think that's because I felt them and
turned around.  They were gone before you could say "Arret".

Moral: ANY zipper in sight is just an invitation...

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
JFC (Jefsey) Morfin
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 7:39 AM
To: dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net; ietf
Subject: Re: Cautionary tale: Paris pickpockets

At 09:57 24/07/2005, Dave Crocker wrote:
A hidden cache, around your waste but inside the pants, is a good place
carry tidbits like your passport.  Carry a copy of the major passport
pages for easy access and another set back in the hotel room.

When you purchase pants always ask for an internal back pocket to be
added.You do not need it to be fancy. Put flat stuff there (passport,
survival and plastic money). Keep a "false/plastic wallet" as a
deception
in you regular pocket, so they do not think searching further. Dave
experimented it in Paris, I learned it in NY. The advise is good the
world
over.
jfc