RE: Cautionary tale: Paris pickpockets

2005-07-24 22:44:33
Brian E Carpenter wrote:
From personal experience, I prefer the Air France bus line
2, which runs every 15 minutes and it will take you
directly to Porte Maillot where the congress center is.

Most of the time, it's a good bet (due to the rather unique
situation of the IETF conference being held precisely at the
bus terminal).

That being said, having commuted from Paris to CDG airport daily for
years I can assure you that the RER is the most reliable and faster way
(not the nicest).

Dave Crocker wrote:
coupled with the realization that *anyone* who is touching you
in any way that you did not explicitly request needs to be
treated with immediate suspicion.

Easier said then done, especially during rush hours where the RATP has
guys on the platform to help pack more sardines in the can (by pushing
them inside so the doors close). No bull.

Michel.