Re: Cautionary tale: Paris pickpockets

2005-07-25 01:16:36
Dave is correct; I'd just like to mention that this is nothing specific
to Paris - I've personally had to eject extraneous hands from my pocket
in both London and Geneva - so it's worth a bit of extra care. Also
watch out for people lifting items of luggage - do NOT look away from
your bags even for ten seconds.

   Brian

Dave Crocker wrote:
Folks,

There is quite a bit of publicity about pickpockets in Paris, generally, and especially in Metro stations. In Versailles, they make regular public-address announcements about it.