Re: is the AD job full time?

2005-07-31 01:59:54
"Brian" == Brian E Carpenter <brc(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com> writes:

    Brian> I'm replying to John's note rather than somewhere in the
    Brian> by the NomCom to expect a half time job. Well, it's a "half
    Brian> time" job that includes managing 10 WGs on average and
    Brian> reviewing 400 to 500 documents a year. It's impossible. So,
    Brian> whatever we think of the details of John's two drafts, and
    Brian> I have *lots* of detailed comments I could make, we can
    Brian> only reasonably solve the two equations simultaneously:
    Brian> make the IESG workload fit the job description, and make
    Brian> the ADs accountable.

I think I disagree with Brian here.  From what I can tell, the AD job
is possible to do at around half time with peaks above that.

I'm just not convinced the IESG as a whole is overloaded.  I believe
certain areas (not security) are overloaded.  The IESG is certainly
not an easy job.  We certainly have enough work to fill as much time
as we can dedicate to it.  That's true of any interesting job I've
ever held.

--Sam