Re: Keeping this IETF's schedule in the future...?

2005-08-03 06:09:46
Hi -

From: Joerg Ott <jo(_at_)netlab(_dot_)hut(_dot_)fi>
Sent: Aug 3, 2005 2:40 PM
To: Randy Presuhn <randy_presuhn(_at_)mindspring(_dot_)com>
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Keeping this IETF's schedule in the future...?
Well, 11:30--13:00 appears to be as long as 12:30--14:00.  Unless
you find the lunch break generally too long.  I think it has been
sufficiently difficult to get lunch done in 90 minutes in most places.

My experience has been different.  In none of the venues where I've
attended meetings has 90 minutes been insufficient.  In most, 30-45
minutes would have been plenty; the rest is just generous "recharge"
time to catch up on email and carry on face-to-face discussions.
Having the lunch break drag on into mid-afternoon makes it seem
longer, I guess.  I certainly won't argue with your math!

I forgot to mention that some brain fuel (coffee, possibly food)

*definitely* food, and without stringent flow controls on the caffeine.

could be nice in the 2nd afternoon break.  But I'd also say the
food part depends on what/how much you get in the first
afternoon break.

Yes.  For me the need for food was more sorely felt at the second
afternoon break than the first, so I'd be happier if it was the afternoon's
second break that had the food, and the first one just had caffeine.  But
this is just one data point.

Randy