Re: Keeping this IETF's schedule in the future...?

2005-08-03 07:05:09

Agree with Scott.

Also, one of the interesting side effects already alluded to by I think Steve B: Evening sessions had the benefit/curse of having people come back to the site after dinner. The lack of that as well as the somewhat unfriendly (cost wise/ location relative to site wise) bar site in the La Fayette and the Meridien (cost wise) has decreased the number of bar bof sessions substantially. That may be hitting our productivity a bit.

Mike

At 09:44 AM 8/3/2005, Scott W Brim wrote:
On 08/03/2005 15:36 PM, John C Klensin allegedly wrote:
>> PS: the key point is "restaurants serve after 8pm"... This can
>> be an issue in some places in winter.
>

> Of course, we could make that -- which really should be â??restaurants
> serve after 9PMâ?? to allow for meetings running over or the need for
> immediate after-meeting conversations -- a site selection criterion :-)

Where I come from many restaurants close at 9pm.  Let's follow local
culture.