Re: Why have we gotten away from running code?

2005-08-07 06:01:09
On Sat, 2005-08-06 at 19:07 -0400, Brian Rosen wrote:
I notice that we have stopped being interested in running code.

Not everywhere. For the IPFIX protocol, which is currently still in
draft status, there where 6 different implementations, both of collector
and meters, showing up at the Interop meeting, which took place just
before the IETF63. This helped a lot in finding a number of ambigueties,
which caused the document editors to revise/reword some parts of the
document and will also provide a lot of input, eg common
mistakes/misassumptions to the implementation guidelines.

Maybe there should be requirement that before having going to Last Call
there should at least be 2 separate implementations when a document is
created by a working group?

Greets,
 Jeroen