Re: what is a threat analysis?

2005-08-12 07:30:14

I thought that what Russ asked for was not a threat analysis for
DKIM, but a threat analysis for Internet e-mail, the system that DKIM
proposes to protect.

This is more less my guess as to what's being asked for, although I
disagree with the implication that DKIM proposes to protect email in
its entirety.

The phrasing that I took from interactions with Russ Housely was: What are the threats that DKIM responds to?

That's in the arena of protecting email, albeit stated perhaps with more focus.

The 'threats' document on the dkim web page definitely attends to threats TO dkim. Russ was clear the day after the bof that that was not what he had meant. So, it's a useful bit of writing, but not what we need to focus on right now.