Re: IETF 63 On-line Survey

2005-08-18 08:17:08
On Aug 18, 2005, at 16:38, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
Predicting how many people are going to show up far in advance (say a year) is a different kind of finacial risk, than the current current set. Knowing with certantity what cities (and by extension hotels) the meetings are going to be in in a year means having potentially costly contracts in place that you may or may not be in a postion to fund (consider the attendee flucuations over the time frame 2000-2002 for example).

Other organizations with periodic meetings seem to have successfully addressed this issue. I'm no wizard when it comes to these contractual things, but I'm sure the IAD is talking to people with this expertise.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories