Re: IETF 63 On-line Survey

2005-08-19 07:20:26
Stephen Casner wrote:
On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Spencer Dawkins wrote:
> Would you prefer longer meetings or shorter meetings?
> Shorter meetings with more overlaps
> No change
> Longer meetings with fewer overlaps
It was meant to refer to the Friday morning controversy-
should we have more parallel sessions and end Thursday night,
or fewer parallel sessions and end Friday night,or do what we do
now. We didn't identify the ambiguity until too late.

I thought the primary purpose of the survey was to find out whether
people preferred the later schedule of hours during the day, and no
evening sessions, as used in Paris, rather than to ask again about
Friday.  The question about hours was raised in the discussion on this
list, and that prompted to say a survey would be taken.

Actually, we had planned the survey in any case.

However, that
question is not asked on the survey, unless the one quoted above is
it.  That would be even more ambiguous.

That question *is* asked

"Did you prefer the schedule change which had dinner following all sessions?"

    Brian