Re: IETF 63 On-line Survey

2005-08-18 09:20:32
On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

I think it will be very easy to use a VoIP simple application to avoid the
need to use any mic.

floor control in multi-point conferences is never simple.

The application should probably turn off the laptop speaker to avoid
coupling.

Of course, it can be even improved if the chair can have a way to "pass the
virtual mic" to each of those that want to talk, something such as a simple
screen showing everyone who pushed the "talk" button in their own laptop and
when they queued, to keep the order. The chair can in any case, choose a
different order, cancel the talk requests in order to move to a different
topic, or whatever.

May be there is something similar, open source, which can be easily adapted
to our needs.

Regards,
Jordi