Re: Last Call: 'Linklocal Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR)' to Proposed Standard

2005-08-29 08:50:02
bmanning(_at_)vacation(_dot_)karoshi(_dot_)com wrote:

        LLMNR has waded through the lengthy IETF standardization
        process to get to where it is.  That Microsoft has been patient and
spent
        the money needed to keep people on this task long enough to get it here
        should be rewarded with the IETF imprinture.  Of course even Microsoft
has
        hedged its bets (even they are aware of the need to ship products) wrt
        LLMNR.  But that is no reason for the IETF to not sanction this work.

--bill

How about a protocol to remotely control the explosion of bombs. It could
even be built on top of LLMNR. It is not necessaryly more harmful than
LLMNR. Nobody intends to build bombs anyhow not to mention remotely explode
them. So would you consider publishing this protocol harmful?

Terrorists - I am sorry, weapons researches have spent a lot ...

We should really reward them by publishing this parodicol :)

Is that what you meant?

Regards
Peter

--