Re: ISMS working group and charter problems

2005-09-07 03:02:53
Juergen Quittek wrote:

The main goal of the ISMS WG is finding a solution that integrates
SNMP into existing user and key management systems.

Yes.

Eliot's request is adding a new goal to the ISMS charter: extending
SNMP such that it operates well across NATs and firewalls. I am not
sure that ISMS is the right place to do so.

"Call home" is a feature that would be very useful. I'll just note
that the group's intended SSH approach (is there a draft? I
did not see one) does not appear to be in contradiction with
the ability to cross firewalls. SSH connections can be set up
so that you go through a device in the demilitarized zone
to reach something inside a network.

--Jari