Re: ISMS working group and charter problems

2005-09-07 03:56:35
Juergen Quittek wrote:

In which scenarios do you consider it very useful?

Management of devices when you are outside the
network. E.g., managing my home network when
I'm at the office. And outsourced management services --
my employer does a lot of this. Or central management
of large networks that have internal firewalls or NATs.

I am not at all saying that it is not useful.  Still, I want to learn
about where and how it would be required. And I am not sure if ISMS is
the right place for this discussion.

I'm not sure either. As noted, it may be possible already,
given their choice of technology.

It would already be a nice achievement if the ISMS WG solves the
problem of integrating the existing SNMP into user and key
management systems.

Yes.

--Jari