Re: ISMS working group and charter problems

2005-09-08 00:45:50
"Fleischman," == Fleischman, Eric
<eric(_dot_)fleischman(_at_)boeing(_dot_)com> writes:

    Fleischman,> I believe that network management is too important a
    Fleischman,> functionality to be designed such that it can only be
    Fleischman,> usable within highly confined environmental
    Fleischman,> constraints.

"must work everywhere," is a highly constraining environment.

You certainly may revisit the UDP vs TCP decision on the IETF list;
doing so is an appropriate last recourse under our process.

However I do not believe it likely that you will get IETF consensus on
a specific UDP direction.  I also do not believe it would be
productive to take this issue back to the working group.  So, I ask
what you believe I should do if you fail to get consensus?  If your
options are no ISMS or ISMS over ssh, which would you pick?

--Sam