Re: IETF64 hotel already full?

2005-09-09 03:57:15
Pekka Savola wrote:

Just had nearly the same experience. Interestingly,
if you book through phone then there IS space but
at a higher rate. I got IETF rate only until the 10th,
but thereafter it was $265.

(Registrations in the web appear to work too, if
you depart on the 10th or earlier.)

This smells like a problem.. the reservation slots are specifically required to go until the 11th unless I'm mistaken..

This may or may not be a problem. It could be that we just
have used the reserved block and we have no right for lower rate
beyond that. In any case, I already sent an e-mail asking
about this to the person who is responsible for the IETF
block at the hotel (her address is on the reservation
page).

--Jari