Re: IETF64 hotel already full?

2005-09-10 06:43:58

--On 9. september 2005 19:00 +0300 Pekka Savola <pekkas(_at_)netcore(_dot_)fi>
wrote:

I'm sure the room block the hotel has for friday-saturday night is indeed
much smaller, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that run out.

What puzzled me on the other hand why the room block size up to thursday
and up to friday (10th and 11th) seemed to be different. Friday morning
is supposed to be a real IETF day now..

fwiw, last time I saw these numbers (some time ago), they were different for ALL the days - with a rather high peak on Wednesday. The numbers are based on what people have done in the past, not the principles.... I guess more people staying until Friday is a recent development (and a Good Thing).