Re: [dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com: Mismanagement of the DNSOP list]

2005-09-24 10:27:20
In message <200509241710(_dot_)NAA13442(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>, "Nicholas Staff"
writes:
I hope that we can discuss this as soon as possible. Until then, I
will try to refrain from sending any more messages on this topic as I
don't believe that this will be productive. People on this mail list
might want to consider to do the same thing.

Thanks,

David Kessens
Operations & Management Area Director

I agree this is not the forum for this discussion, but since you publicized
your attack I think he's entitled to at least one public dissent.  I'd be
happy to agree with you by the way if you could show me anything that
amounted to the abuse you claim (abuse from Dean that is).  Anyway, barring
that I'll list the 1,000 reasons why I think you're wrong in my email to the
IESG.

I'm sorry, David's note wasn't an "attack" -- it was David excercising
his responsibility as an AD.  Have a look at Section 2 of RFC 3683 --
to revoke someone's posting rights, he *must* make a public statement
on the IETF mailing list.