RE: [dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com: Mismanagement of the DNSOP list]

2005-09-24 17:50:04
----- Forwarded message from Dean Anderson <dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com> -----

FYI: I am being threatened for posting operationally relevant
criticism of
mis-operation of the F DNS Root server on the DNSOP list.

--
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:55:20 -0700
From: David Kessens <david(_dot_)kessens(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com>
To: Dean Anderson <dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com>
Cc: David Meyer <dmm(_at_)1-4-5(_dot_)net>, Rob Austein
<sra(_at_)hactrn(_dot_)net>,
     Bert Wijnen <bwijnen(_at_)lucent(_dot_)com>
Subject: [david(_dot_)kessens(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com: Re: [dnsop] An attack
that
DNSSEC would
    have defended against...]

Dean,

To avoid any misunderstandings: My message is an official warning to
you that I will propose to the IESG to remove your posting privileges
if I see one more abusive mail from you.

Thanks,

David Kessens
---

Since I have been informed that this actually is the forum for this
discussion according to RFC 3683 I will ask for a clarification from David
on this whole thing.

David, the way it reads to me is you warned Dean you would go to the IESG if
he continued what you felt were abusive posts.  Dean in turn informed the
IESG of your warning because he felt it was unwarranted and being used by
you as a tool to silence someone who had a differing technical opinion.  You
then used his complaint to the IESG as an instance of another abusive post
and requested to have his privileges removed.  Is that basically correct?
If so are you telling me that I have to be afraid of ever voicing a
complaint or problem to the IESG because an AD can use that as a reason for
retribution?  This to me transcends Dean and whether or not his posts are
abusive - I'd like to know (maybe someone else has the answer) if I can be
penalized for lodging a complaint with the IESG.

Thanks,

Nick