Re: Petition to the IESG for a PR-action against Jefsey Morfin posted

2005-10-02 17:56:39
At 22:23 02/10/2005, Dean Anderson wrote:
But I think that Jefsey should formally counter-complain that the PR-action is a personal attack based on personal dislike.

Dear Dean,
Harald over did it: too much is nothing.

I only needed to expose the personal bias of some of the signatories over a technical and key strategic aspect for the IETF and the future of the Internet. Harald's threat was enough for that: I said it and acted accordingly. But he was bound to publish this ad-hominem (obviously in hurry if you read the mail selection and its comments) after apologising to the "consensus" (of another SSDO?) for honestly comforting ... this point of mine (private use usage, i.e. exclusiveness).

The only real matter of interest for the IETF is to take advantage from this incident to prevent further biased moral lynching attempts. IMHO the solution could be a "closed LC".

1. someone calls for a PR-action to the Sergeant at Arms who decides if the request is ethically acceptable or not. 2. the case is then transmitted to the IESG which opens a 15 days Last Call, any public comment resulting in a PR removal for one month. 3. a summary is made by the IESG or the initiator and sent to the concerned participant for comments before 15 days. An AD may be assigned to help the defense.
4. The IETF decides on these summary and response.
jfc