Re: Reexamining premises (was Re: UN plans to take over our job!)

2005-10-04 06:21:07
For those who do not know the history, are curious, or who might
find themselves in the position of advising those who are part
of these discussions, Appendix C to Marshall Rose's _The
Internet Message: Closing the Book with Electronic Mail_,
Prentice-Hall, 1993 makes extremely illuminating and
entertaining reading.   With a dozen year's hindsight, I'd go so
far as to suggest that Marshall's observations about OSI and the
process that produced it were too optimistic.

all too true!

/mtr