Re: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria

2005-10-17 21:27:50
Avri Doria wrote:
Hi,

I can agree with SHOULD and SHOULD NOT, the only problem i had in writing it that way is i could not meet the specification requirement for specifying the conditions under which the requirement would not apply. I did not want to careless create loopholes.

My main concern is that these issues be a formal requirement of the community's decision in where we meet. And that they be taken seriously.

Forgive me Avri and Jordi, but why?

I've been going to IETF meetings since 1988 and I really can't remember the Secretariat fouling it up. Did I miss a problem? Could people not get to France or Minnesota? Is this something we really need to do?

Eliot