Re: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria

2005-10-17 05:54:43
Sam Hartman wrote:
"Avri" == Avri Doria <avri(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> writes:

    Avri> - MUST NOT be held in a country whose visa requirements are
    Avri> so stringent as to make it impossible or even extremely
    Avri> difficult for some participant to attend.

I think this is too strict.  I think visa criteria are an issue, but
saying that visa criteria prevent one participant from attending seems
way too strict.

More generally, any non-trivial set of MUST NOTs is going to be
impossible to satisfy simultaneously. I really don't see how we can
go further than should/should not, in practical reality.

   Brian