Re: WG Action: Conclusion of Credential and Provisioning (enroll)

2005-10-26 14:14:33
"Gray," == Gray, Eric <Eric(_dot_)Gray(_at_)marconi(_dot_)com> writes:

    Gray,> Pekka/Henning, My first reaction to Henning's comment was
    Gray,> that this would be imposing excessive requirements on the
    Gray,> Secretariat, or whatever other group it is that posts these
    Gray,> notices.

    Gray,>      However, I am starting to think that it might not be a
    Gray,> bad idea for <whoever> to ask the contact person(s) if they
    Gray,> might have anything to add. If nothing else, it might
    Gray,> reduce the number of times they get contacted simply to
    Gray,> find out why the WG "has concluded".

A ticket requesting closure of a working group includes a few things:

1) the working group being closed.  High dissatisfaction has resulted
   in the past when the wrong working group is closed.

2) Additional comments to be included in the WG closure message.

3)  Whether the mailing list remains open.

4) Disposition of WG documents.

In this instance Russ chose to give no additional comments.

--Sam