Oops Re: WG Action: Conclusion of Credential and Provisioning (enroll)

2005-10-31 18:18:12
Brian E Carpenter wrote:
Sam Hartman wrote:

A ticket requesting closure of a working group includes a few things:

1) the working group being closed.  High dissatisfaction has resulted
   in the past when the wrong working group is closed.

2) Additional comments to be included in the WG closure message.

3)  Whether the mailing list remains open.

4) Disposition of WG documents.

In this instance Russ chose to give no additional comments.

Personal opinion: I think it's reasonable to give some kind of
explanation as a matter of course. For example, I was outside
the charmed circle when MARID was closed, and I fell off my stool
in astonishment. One sentence of explanation would have helped.

I'm told that my recollection is faulty and that in that case
there was an explanation in the closure notice.

    Brian

   Brian