Re: jabber rooms

2005-11-09 08:41:02

On Nov 9, 2005, at 6:27, John C Klensin wrote:

--On Wednesday, November 09, 2005 04:05 +0100 Brian E Carpenter <brc(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com> wrote:

I don't think I've seen a reminder this week that
jabber room for the XXX WG or BOF is

    XXX(_at_)ietf(_dot_)xmpp(_dot_)org

Brian,

I commented to someone last night night that, usually, at this point in an IETF week, the list has been treated to a greater or lesser degree of whining about network quality and availability. We haven't seen any of those messages this week. I hypothesize that there have been few complaints this week for the same reason that the absence of jabber room reminders may not have been noticed -- I've only occasionally found the network stable enough in the meeting sessions to make use of jabber rooms effective and useful in following what is going on.

     john

the absence of a NOC@ address for reporting problems has been noticed as well...
--bill